Saturday 23 October 2010

I wish I was an Owl.

Today, I had a lonely day, but not for long.

On Friday, I spent the day on a coach, travelling to and from London. We went to see Birdsong on the West End, starring Ben Barnes, and it was rather fantastic. I wasn't totally convinced at the start, but I guess it's hard to begin such a play without being...stilted.
The theatre experience itself was something different... i.e. we met and awfully rude woman and Laura had an allergic reaction and I became a misanthrope.
We got back to school at 4:00 a.m.
Bed for 4:30.a.m (brushing teeth, removing make-up and constricting high-waisted skirts)
Awake at 10:30 because Mother knocked and asked if I wanted to book tickets for 19th November... FOR HARRY POTTER. Silly question, even when I was lying on 6 hours of jumbled up coach sleep. With that booked and dusted, I went back to sleep for an hour or so, and woke back up again when the Mother entered once again to tell me that she was going to go and see Made In Dagenham with Dad and I was being left alone for the day.
Still, I had my own plans, so everything was fine.

I roused from bed, washed my face and made some scrambled egg on toast. Just the one egg, I wasn't feeling that adventurous. I watched some of BBC Switch, and saw that Jimmy is now presenting it properly, and that made me smile. I then went about checking my emails and trying to watch the new episode of Glee, but it's nowhere to be found...
I got dressed after my shower and dried my hair, giving up after 10 minutes. It's such a horrible length. I don't want it cutting, and I do want to grow it, but gosh, it's such a MESS.
A trim of the fringe is in order.

Once I was ready to go out, I closed to windows and the inside doors, and went to check my bag. No keys.
Table? NO KEYS.
Rucksack? NO KEYS.
Floor? WHERE ARE MY KEYS?
Coat? SERIOUSLY, WHERE ARE YOU, YOU CHEEKY LITTLE KEYS!?!
Bag from Cadets?

GET IN MY HAND, IN THE LOCK AND OUT OF THE HOUSE.

I saw the bus go past me as I walked, listening to The Arctic Monkeys.
Still, the next one arrived early, and all was well.
I met Ira outside the Gala, bought tickets for "

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole"


and ventured off in the direction of food. We went to La Tasca for tapas, and I had some chicken and prawn paella, mushrooms and fried potatoes, all for £7.50. Deal.
Over the road from La Tasca is a new little shop called "Wild and Funk" and it was so beautiful inside. However, we both decided the name was a little bit abrupt, and should be called "Wild and Funky" but, hey ho, it was next to Jack Wills.
I bought Alice a present from there, and got a little white bag for it :)

Then, we saw our film.
It was beyond adorable, such a poignant storyline, and many lovely quotes to be taken away in my head. Also, I did a little chair happy dance when the soundtrack by Owl City graced my ears. Beautiful.
I think I shall ask for the CD soundtrack for Christmas, it's gorgeous.

I'm feeling rather happy now, Merlin's about to be on.
I might go and fetch some sort of snack-y-type food, but I'm feeling rather warm and tired, and Bradley James' face is too lovely to leave this chair.

Tatty bye,
Haze

p.s. THE TRAILERS IN THE CINEMA ARE THA BEST EVAAAAAAAAAAAA (Harry Potter and Narnia)

1 comment:

  1. Are they EARNEST those owls? That's what Danielle said on Dave Gorman's show with Richard Herring.
    I think your adventures sound fantastic, I wondered how they'd make Birdsong into a stage production, both Fay and Tom sounded quite intrigued by it when I mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete