Thursday 12 April 2012

Blogger's block

There are few things in life that give me greater satisfaction than wearing a new pair of socks.
I mean, I could make a list of things that make me happy, but what would the point of that be? I feel bad enough already having looked at the number of posts I've written this year compared to 2010... and it sickens me. So no slacking and writing about sappy little things that make me smile. Dive in and be honest about stuff Haze.

I feel awful every time I remember I have a blog and haven't written anything for it for an age.
The worst bit is, I've done a bunch of really cool things since my last post (which was a kind of retrospective one anyway) and I've even had another choir course since then too! I've been at home for almost a month now and it has been both great and super weird. When it comes to me and my family, weird is just kind of average for us. Not meaning to say that in a "we're so cool because we're weird" way, we really are just weird. Enough of that adjective, move on. Anywhooooo, it's been fab to be at home and surrounded by stuff happening all the time. Little walks to go on, jobs to help out with, sorting and tidying to be done. My sister and my parents make a great team and when we do cool stuff it's really ace. I'm so lucky to be part of such a great little unit. Recently, my Mum ordered me an ArtCard in the post, and I put it to good use last week as we went on a family adventure to London. It was a very different experience to our previous, pit-stop, tourist-style tornado holidays in London. We got the train down from Durham station, which was a joy because I LOVE TRAINS. We did all sorts of jaunts to galleries AND I met Fran 3/3 days we were there. Such a blessing to be in the capital where she is just jetting around, being a dance student. Amazing.

Prior to this, after a week of being home, I managed to book myself some tickets to go and visit Garreth in the depths of North West Wales. Now THAT train journey excited me. Not only was I in "independent mission mode" (when I am in this mode, I am literally unstoppable) but I also got to spend 5 days with my super-duper boyfriend and his parents when I reached my destination. So that was seriously brill. I even got sunburnt on the beach because the weather was so glorious! We also played Trivial Pursuit and it was really rather excellent. I am a general knowledge fiend. I am a bit sad that I haven't seen him since then, but I'll be all the more appreciative to see him again when I do, whenever that is. Booo.

I celebrated a wonderful, if a little mind-boggling and quite emotional, Easter with family in Leeds and won two Easter eggs at the Church raffle. It was such a precious time to be together and just being thankful, also remembering absent friends that it couldn't go amiss in this post. When big life events such as bereavements happen in life it makes you focus and forget all sorts of things. It shocked me into being alive in lots of respects, but also made me feel strangely old and kind of experienced in a way.

In other news, Elizabeth and I have done a fair amount of shopping for our newly rejuvenated, sophisticated wardrobes and this pleases me greatly. Some of the top items include a mind-blowingly colourful cardigan (inherited) and the most perfect pair of tan brogues known to man. Clothes make me very happy, especially when they're power outfits. You know, outfits that make you feel good, in charge and SUPER COOL. I am one of the lamest people, I know, but I really like clothes, so there. I'm sceptical of fashion, but observe minor trends. Oh, and set them too of course. Genuinely. This one time, Liz and I decided it would be cool to wear whistles for a summer, and what came into the Topshop jewellery range a month or so later? WHISTLES ON CHAINS. Just saying, I am a trendsetter.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh. I've been blasting through a few series online and I'm making the most of my Netflix free trial month, so you can take from that what you will about how I'm spending my time (most definitely inside).

I've just painted my nails pale blue with bees and trails so I'm a very happy bean right now.

Tatty bye,
Haze

No comments:

Post a Comment