Monday 8 March 2010

Never before and hopefully never again.

Last night was SPECTACULAR. All of the acts were utterly fantastic, so enthusiastic, and you knew for a fact they all loved what they were doing. A dude called Andrew Davey supported this other really vintage band (WHO WERE JUST REALLY COOL!) and then Mumford & Sons played about an hour and 15 minute set! It was AMAZING! However, I did experience something that was TOTALLY weird. Well, more than weird, it was genuinely frightening. I was stood, enjoying “Dust Bowl Dance” (I think, but to be fair, I think it’s quite FAIR that I might not remember what SONG it was…) and my stomach started doing these odd flips. I thought, yeah, I really am enjoying this, they’re awesome, and then my head started to go “No Haze, you’re too warm!” So I took off my scarf. Literally 30 seconds after, I started to think, oh gosh, I’m trapped between all of these people and I think I need to get out, what should I do? I don’t want to miss the end of their set! And so I blacked out. But it was so strange, I was completely conscious, of people around me and where I was. I made the decision to do something about it. I don’t know how, but I did. I pressed my hands out because I couldn’t see, and I could feel myself swaying to the music, so I didn’t really look out of place, but I really felt it. I can remember turning to face Alex (my friend who I went with) and saying “I CAN’T SEE!” and he was like “We can move if you want to!” So I just hollered back “NO I REALLY CAN’T SEE ANYTHING I THINK I AM ABOUT TO PASS OUT” He literally YOINKED me by the wrists and led me up the stairs past the bar and out to the fire doors, where there was another girl doing the same, but she also looked drunk. I mean, it was so odd sort of coming back around in and out of sort of consciousness as I was being dragged through the crowd. It was like a totally negative Polaroid and then it all blurred back into real life. The really funny thing about this, is that we were talking about like, passing out, when we were waiting outside to get in, before all of this chaos, due to my BRUISING on my shin. It’s now the most gorgeous shade of yellow on my knee and still blue/green all down the shin :D
But I told Alex how I’d fallen out of the bath, and he said that it was one of his biggest fears to fall out of the shower, like “WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME?” sort of thing. I told him about the time. OH YES, THE OTHER TIME (actually, this was before I’d kind of done it again, so it was just “that time”) I’d put myself in the recovery position before almost passing out because I could feel it coming, getting up after obviously passing out, and being fine. Now, bear in mind that this was the time when I was definitely the most ill I have EVER been, and hopefully it will be the only occasion (touch wood/head) because it was when I got out of the bath when I had chicken pox. Man, it really took me out of it, but being pre-emptive, I braced myself, and got through it.
If Alex hadn’t led me out, or God forbid, I hadn’t somehow decided to get out, I would have for sure just passed out and been laid on the floor, amongst the empty glasses and strange stickiness all over the lovely student union linoleum.
What a strange night.
I also went to McDonalds at about half past 11 at night, which I’ve never done before. People watching in there is really interesting, but the putrid stench of all of that ketchup and the drunk people with mayonnaise and bits of lettuce stuck to their faces is just a bit too wild for me. Just in case you’re wondering what I got from the fantastic food emporium, it was a bottle of water. AM I JUST THE COOLEST OFF THE WALL PERSON YOU HAVE READ A BLOG ABOUT RECENTLY? OR AM I NOT? Let me know  bahahahaha.
Anyway, we did some escalatatory adventuring in the metro station, and that was fun, then Alex’s Dad took me home, very kindly.

Eventful as it was, I got a free paper bag because I asked the merchandise man kindly, and the sort of people who follow Mumford & Sons tend to be really lovely Christian souls who just like doing nice things occasionally for the everyday people. It’s fantastic :D I also got a badge for signing up to the mailing list (Whiiiich I’m already on, but I wanted the badge!) and that really made me smile.

It’s 8:28 now, and I’ve been writing this for 20 mins. I need to go to the common room. I have so many layers on to keep me warm from the bitter chill of frost lurking in the air, that I’m starting to feel a little woozy now…
No wait, I’m fine.

BUS TIME TONIGHT :D
(WAS RUBBISH. I actually *read* on the bus)
p.s. I HAVE SOME SOCIAL RESEARCH TO DO! I LOVE IT!

Tatty bye,
Haze

2 comments:

  1. That experience sounds pretty much like my one at the Kaisers when Ross and Laura looked after me and all I needed was a sugary drink and I was FINE.

    I remember the time you passed out in the bathroom and were thumping on the floor for attention. I didn't know what it was and it scared me after when I found out you'd needed help!

    Or Brownies "I stood up too fast".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the polaroid simile :)

    ReplyDelete