Thursday 28 May 2009

Nostalgia

Good Evening.
My day started off with Elizabeth shouting "At least it's not a signed book" because Dad had been reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and left it in the bathroom...immediately linking me to Jon Richardson's "poo-book" annecdote. That made me think I needed some radio tuneage to keep me awake, so Moyles kept me awake with Carrie vs Dave, which was very funny indeed.
"Shhhhhhhhocking."
I got up and decided to get me some scran, and read the RadioTimes section on BGT, which was not enlightening at all.
I then sat and made Helen's birthday bracelet (shh it's a surprise) and it's a pink and silver double-helix masterpiece :D I sit here typing as a very proud Hazel indeed.
So after breaking Liz's beading needle...oops I returned her beads, somehow weaving through the mess that is her room, only to find she had not even re-surfaced from her pit since she'd had her breakfast. Well it's understandable, the state of her room would make anyone feel quite morose.
Anyway, I decided to do some science revision, so popped a few GCSE BBC Bitezise podcasts on and Dave Ansell's voice made me feel numb with boredom, so I switched to M-People's Fresco album ^_______^
Wooo...sorry, I do love a bit of "Last Night Ten Thousand" once in a while...
We sat as a fam and ate lunch watching and criticizing Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Askaban (aaaah-s-ah-bah-n, lol) and Liz romped off after letting off some steam about Daniel Radcliffe's dreadful attempt at feeling geniune emotion...he certainly cannot convey it, at all.
I did read a good 2 more chapters of HP5 today though, ;P

The, the events of the day took an amazing turn for the better! After lunch, my phone had two messges from Alice. She'd decided to make her own video! Following inspiration from Hazelizabeth (w00t) she had filmed a few bits on her camera, but wanted some title inspiration.
Well, leaving Alice and I together on the internet alone's not really a good idea when we're looking for inspiration for title sequences...and one thing led to another:
The A Team, then He-Man...
"BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!"

And we ended up on a 80's&90's nostalgia trip.
It was a delight to say the least, with wheezy rasps, as I have a sore throat :(
Bertha, Brum, Greenclaws, Monster Café, Penny Crayon (which was much likened to me...go on , laugh it up), PLAYDAYS! We did do a little rendition of "Roll Up and Ride on Rosie", which ended in tears of laughter.
Amongst guessing the theme tune videos, there was one thing on Alice's mind that we could not place.
Alice's mum returned, and her fountain of knowledge finally aided Alice in her quest about the Woods and the gate that zoomed in!
"The theme tune went like this -*sings song*"
*blank face from Hazel who erupts in laughter*

"Willothewisp?"
No.

"Rocky Hollow!"

On the youtube we were, looking for Rosie the postal pigeon.
"She's scottish and has little wire glasses, and a post bag like this *draws on paint*"

She was Welsh, but never mind, the show wasn't even from our time (1983) but she knew what was going on!
We did actually, rather sadly, watch a few episodes of Rocky Hollow, just to find Rosie the postal pigeon, and cried with laughter again at her uncovering.

I came home and started a second double helix bracelet to match my prom (sorry, Leaver's Ball) dress, so it's blue, and then went to eat with Liz and Mum and finish Askaban.
When the film'd finished...HOLLYOAKS DRAMA!
I'd completely stopped watching it, so I could actually study on evenings, but linked back to "The Worst Witch" which featured Nancy from Hollyoaks!
Haha, anyway, Clare's back! aaaaaaaaaa
I did have a small fit, but alas, I came online to post this instead of watching first look.
Tomorrow, I will try to write about me events at school, I'm going in for an english revision day...whoopage(!)

I voted for Matthew David Lewis (aka Neville Longbottom) as Mr.Twitter Universe today, just because I have his autograph somewhere :D

Tattybye
Haze

1 comment: