Sunday 31 May 2009

Of things I can do, that is one of them

After reading Elizabeth's last entry, I realised I do type in a frenzy, but misuse words like no-body's business!
A popular phrase used by my mother, and now adopted by me "Of things I can do that is one of them", often used when helping with cooking or tidying (sorry, what's that?). It just makes me laugh :)
The best thing I was told today was when Mum told me that Dad's Mum's Mum used to have a pie shop, and she was vegetarian but still made meat pies. This made me rather happy because I do, actually want to own a pie business eventually, hopefully teamed with Rachel Lilley, my taste expert and compadre. I ran to my phone to text her straightaway, and hopefully cheered her up a little : )

Revision is really bogging me down, I did get rather depressed by my inability to use the cosine rule appropriately, but I can solve additions of algebraic fractions now, and know a little more about vectors, however perplexing they are.
Maths will all be over by Monday lunchtime! W00PAGE.

One of the things that tickles me most at weekends when I've been working or revising History is when Mum says "So what do you know? Tell me about...the LofN then.", and I reel off some sort of jumbledup, mumbledup account of why the LofN was pap and didn't work, with words like that so I remember it because it made both me and Mum laugh. That's the way I roll; laughter's the key to learning for me, because if it's senselessly monotonous, then I won't remember it, so it's gotta make me giggle.
"There were these pirates, they beat up the Hitler Youth and listened to Jazz right... Eidelweiss pirates, ahhaha Eidelweiss, (Hollie Steel grrrrrr ¬_____¬, and other *cough* phrases...) and they were right scallies, and had the right idea really, but sadly, they were often hung if caught."

Just recounting such things now is embedding it in me. Ahhh, GT.
Disappointingly, I really need to learn stuff for Paper 1 on Wednesday, rather than Paper 2 in like, a week and 1/2's time :S. SQUIGGLE.

I'm really starting to panic that my writing will become unbearably illegible and the chief examiner might just laugh at it and not bother marking it, because it'll look like a spider accicentally stood in some inky roller skates and danced to "Come on Eileen by Dexes Midnight Runners" all over the page, occasionally falling over, forcing another paragraph to be etched out.

My sunburn's really dreadful, it's just on the back of my arm, in the bingowing department, and it's now peeling into a tan, how wonderful (!). It really hurts, and looks like a chinese burn or a slap mark rather than sunburn, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Nonetheless, I'll manage somehow.
Switch is on the radio tonight, so THANKYOU GRIMMY YOU HAVE SAVED ME FROM REVISION DESPAIR! I think I'll sit and bead quietly whilst it's on, and maybe sing to You Me at 6 if they're on :D

Tatty bye,
Haze

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes.

    In my English Synoptic mock Mr Hughes gave me 19/20 saying that if he could have read the last page he would have given me 20 but an illegible conclusion left it lacking...

    :)

    ReplyDelete