Sunday 20 September 2009

Errors and PESTO

I didn't actually talk about being away from the internet. Fail.
But I thought I'd write a blog upon the subject of pesto.
MAN I LOVE THAT STUFF.
I mean, yesterday, we went to Hexham, which is *actually* where the bracelet shop was, not Carlisle. I just like typing Carlisle, it's funny. You say "Car-lie-uhl." Anyway!
We had lunch in the Arts Centre café , it was so homely, yummmmmm.
I HAD A CHICKEN, PESTO AND MOZERELLA PANNINI. OH MY GOSH.
I was so lush, I cannot put it into words.
Mind you, it was abit hot at first.

But, mmmmm. I love pesto. When we were in London for SitC, I had 2 pesto pasta dishes. And watching Pasta Week on thesexymacaroni reminded me how much I love pesto and pasta, both together and separately. One of those dishes was Pesto linguini, and the other was these tiny, tiny twists, like round twists, of pasta. MAN.
It was like oily, but basil-y, and then PINE NUTS <3

The other day Mum found a box of grissini (breadsticks) and was like "I bought these for your braces." Meaning, "I bought these for you to eat as brace snacks instead of chocolate and sugary-cack." But obviously, we hadn't opened them.
So, I saw some olives on the front of the box and was like "HECK YES, IMAGONNA CRACK OPEN THE PESTO!"
So, sitting watching Mock The Week, with a little dish of pesto and some breadsticks, I was VERY pleased indeed!
I mean, granted, all of these pesto-speriences were green pesto.
I DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST RED PESTO, AT ALL.
<3 It's equally as good, just not as available as the heavenly green variety.

We used to get these mushroom pocket pasta flat ravioli, cook in a pan for 10 mins things from Aldi, and Mum and I used to eat them on a Thursday when Liz went to Caitlins, so we could indulge in pesto-ey or cheesy things when she was out, and Dad was out training so would eat later or something.
Now, THAT pesto was sommink ELSE. It was like CHEESY, like REALLY CHEESY. It used to be stringy, and HAAAAAAAAT. That's hot, not hat btw. Holy moly, a pesto hat? I mean, an appreciation hat.
OOH I SHOULD START AN APPRECIATION SOCIETY.






No Hazel. NO.

But this blog has made me think how much I get over excited for food. Like, I could never be veggie or have an eating disorder; I'm waaaay too fond of food. Not like excessive, I just really enjoy eating and experiencing flavours. Not too fond of figs so far though.
I really love making food, it interests me.
Italian food is SO LOVELY.
We found this sweet little Italian restaurant in Carlisle (hehe typing fun) and I got this AWESOME pizza called "Pizza Ultima."
IT HAD SO MUCH MEAT I ACTUALLY HAD A MEAT HEADACHE AFTERWARDS.
Cumberland Sausage, salami, chicken, bacon, bolognese sauce instead of tomato sauce, and probably something else, MEAT BLANK.
Ohhhhhhhhhh.
I'm salivating, like Pavlov's dog.
Typing the word meat is my Conditioned Response.

NO HAZEL, NO.

So, I have to go research a respiratory disease, write about stage directions, and probably not eat any meat today.
Man, I would like some pesto.
Can you tell?

Tatty bye,
Haze

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me. This is maybe my favourite of your blogs so far.
    FOOD ENTHUSIASM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, no you didn't. But you know what? That is A-OKAY. xD (I seriously just woke up. Slept in until TWELVE AM. How gross am I?! Well I'm sick so it's probably okay. But still! Wait, why am I telling you this on your blog? Gehhh.)
    Car-lie-uhl! I think I knew that pronunciation. Shweeet.
    OH MY GOD PESTO AND MOZERELLA THAT SOUNDS SO FREAKIN' GOOD.
    I love pesto. So so so much.

    I love pesto linguini. It's like, the best way to have pesto. I seriously love that this blog post is about pesto. You are like, the coolest chick in the world to me right now.
    YUK, pine nuts.

    That sounds really really good. Except I eat everything the exact same way with braces. I mean, I don't eat chocolate or sugary soda or really anything with sugar so I guess it's not bad, but I like to feel like a BADASS. xD

    Wait. Aldi? Is that a giant grocery store of off-brands? IF SO WE HAVE ONE HERE.
    Hehe, I didn't think it was hat. DUDE IF YOU START AN APPRECIATION SOCIETY I'LL JOIN. Aww, do it.
    Carlisle carlisle THAT IS FUN.
    Ahhhh I love italian food. Damn you and your blog post, making me hungry.

    "Man I would like some pesto." <333333
    I might go buy some pesto and noodles to make just for you. Seriously, you've sparked my interest.

    HOLY SHIZ COMMENT FROM HELL. Sorry about that, like I said, I just woke up and I'm a biiiit out of it.

    ReplyDelete