Tuesday 24 November 2009

“Some kids are like squirrels”

-They hide stuff.
Thanks for that nugget Dad.
It just reminds me of those times when we went to T.K.Maxx and found pairs of shoes we wanted to get…but didn’t get them then and there because there was this one time we bought shoes without Mum and she didn’t like them, so now we have to ask her before we get new shoes (if we find new shoes without her), and we hid them behind the rack so no-one else would buy them.
Teeheee.
That was a little bit jumbled, but I’m sure a few readings of it will make it settle.

Yesterday was sufficiently awkward on the bus. I was getting up to get off at my “not quite death stop of doom, but quite close” and there was a boy moving up the bus as I stood up. I say boy because he got on at the college stop, and after already being significantly already quite low in my immediate estimations, he was wearing tracksuit bottoms. Of the GREY variety. At the same moment I was standing up, he was reaching for the pole just behind my head to steady himself. My face (glasses and all) and his fist collided. I was stunned. I was just talking to Samantha, saying “Here goes, fighting my way through the crowd, wish me luck!” and POW. RIGHT IN THE KISSER. Hahaha, sorry.
But get this…




I apologised. WHY DID I SAY SORRY? SORRY MY FACE WAS IN THE WAY OF YOUR HAMMY FIST? Aww, bless him, he was so apologetic. It’s almost as if there was something inside me which made me want to say “YEAH YOU SHOULD BE SORRY” and I got off the bus a little befuddled.

Today, oh yes, a Tuesday, is my full proper day of work in school.
Psychology, Double Biology, and Double English. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
We’re watching gender development videos in psycho. Please leave a gap for me to vomit. And then giggle at the poor hermies.
Oops, wait, perhaps I shouldn’t say that…
Giggle at the term “micro penis”.
Our class is so juvenile. But a good bunch.
Shame about the teacher.


OH GOODNESS, SUCH EMBARASSMENT IN THAT LESSON. I shall not reveal it here. It shall remain a thing between Danielle and I only.
Teeheeeeee

I’m trying to craft my Canada blog post when I have the time to so that I can be one of the two people selected to blog monthly about my journey leading up to the camp in 2010, and what we’re doing about the lead up to the camp. I have to submit at 350 word post about what Guiding means to me. I’m having fun crafting it, I love the power that a well crafted paragraph can harbour :D AHH THE POWER OF LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE.
Excellent.

ENGLISH TODAY WAS STONKING FUNNY. I was actually creased with laughter, and red in the face. I mean, this was Hughes’ lesson. GB would never have allowed such a commotion…ever. In her lesson, I had to read from Act 3 of King Lear as…get this: LEAR.
Ickkkkkkk. It was ermmm…challenging? Well, I managed to say most things right. When he says “I’th’*SOMETHING*” it clicks well with my northern twang :D And the elements of y’know…Yorkshire ;D
So in Hughes’ lesson, we discussed (albeit briefly) the effect music has within Death Of A Salesman.
Then we talked about primary school, summer dresses, falling over, holes in tights, concussion, being German ja? And walking into people.
Oh my, it was hilarious! However, can’t really be expressed well in words here, as it was one of those moments where the facial expressions and time delay of understanding what was said (the pun of So you’re German, ja?) were key to the enjoyment of the moment really. So, I apologise for that. Like I apologised for being punched in the face. Make of that what you will.


I have a sinking feeling that Rachel will be in Rome when I want her to come with us to see Imogen Heap at The Sage in February. Oh balls.
I checked, and yes, she’s in the Land of the Romans.
Pantilunious Poopicus.


Oh yeah, and I’m in a pantomime soon.
As Aladdin.
WOOOOPAGE.
Excitement for Friday, our full dress rehearsal to the year 6’s hoping to come to our school. Goodness knows what image they will take away of what our school is like and what we have to offer them. Cripes.

Tatty bye,
Haze

1 comment:

  1. The music in DoaS is a recurring theme of his innocence and childhood and his Dad and what he could have done and the best sort of freedom in jobs.
    It's really sad actually.

    I love reading Shakespeare outloud but there are those times when you're mid flow and you actually stop to look at the words and they stop making sence and your brain just implodes and you have to stop.

    OH and the micro penisi ahahah, also did you see the one with those poor dudes raised as girls then when they hit puberty they finally get their bits?!

    Can't believe I'm missing the Panto AND Imogen Heap.

    Total balls.

    ReplyDelete